- Computer science graduate student with a joint honours degree in math and physics.
- International award-winning online educator.
- Extensive experience as a social entrepreneur.
- Strong programmer and web/mobile developer.
Professional and Technical Interests
- Mobile computing, cloud infrastructure, human-computer interaction, and social computing.
M.Sc. in Applied Computing, University of Toronto
B.Sc., Joint Honours in Math and Physics, McGill University
- Graduate Courses: General Relativity, Quantum Theory, Statistical Mechanics, Fluid Dynamics.
- Awards: James McGill Scholarship 1995 – 2000, Dean's Honour List 1996 – 2001, McConnell Award 1999, Beatty Memorial Scholarship 1999.
Courses and Certificates
Researcher, Riva Modeling
- Researched and developed optimization algorithms for a generalised scheduling problem with multiple resource constraints.
- Developed a novel user experience around optimising scheduling problems.
Teaching Assistant, University of Toronto
Data Structures and Analysis
- Helped students and assessed their understanding of data structures and complexity.
- Assisted students with and assessed the development of Java/Android applications.
Freelance Web and Mobile Development
- Developed mobile applications in native iOS, Android, and HTML5.
- Developed web applications in Mongo/Express/Angular/Node, PHP, MySQL, Flash Actionscript, HTML5, and meteor.js.
Researcher/Programmer, Ontario Science Centre
- Designed programs and exhibits to educate and entertain a general audience in science.
Head Programmer / Webmaster, video-now.com
- Updated and maintained an e-commerce retail website.
- Designed and implemented an inventory system.
Summer Lab Assistant, High Energy Physics Lab, McGill University
- Assisted Dr. David Hanna in the McGill High Energy Physics Lab.
- Carried out experiments and analyzed data.
Summer Student, Research and Development, Spar Aerospace, Brampton
- Created a 3D computational stereo-imaging system in C++.
- Awarded group honourable mention with supervisor Piotr Jasiobedzki and group member Nicole Aucoin.
"Critter" Android App
- Conceived of and co-developed an Android mobile application designed to facilitate in-person social interaction between strangers.
Human-Centered Computing Course Project
- Conceived of and implemented a new class of touch-screen interaction gestures.
- Further developing the project into a research paper under the supervision of Ravin Balakrishnan.
Bread & Circus, Toronto
- Founded, owned and managed a restaurant/bar and performance venue.
- Designed and implemented web-based remote management tools.
- Conceived of and developed an interactive music-streaming website aimed at creating a social network of musicians and music.
Mentorship Program, University of Toronto
- Conducted math research under the supervision of Dr. Ed Barbeau.
- Derived and proved a result that appeared in E. Barbeau and S. Tanny, "Certain Nonlinear Recurrences: Recent Results and Unsolved Problems," Congressus Numerantium, vol. 111, Dec. 1995, pp. 143-149.
Canada-Wide Science Fair
- Awarded honourable mention for a project in which I designed a neural network in C++ to mimic the learning of a marine slug.