about the course
this course is an introduction to the theory and practice of large-scale software system design, development, and deployment. topics will be chosen from: advanced uml, patterns, formal methods, software architecture, refactoring, software evolution, reverse engineering, software development lifecycle (sdlc) models, project management (planning, risks, estamation, prioritization), requirements analysis, v&v, testing, quality, managing a team of developers/engineers.
the course information sheet can be found here.
- friday, apr. 18, 2014: a4 grades are posted on cdf.
- saturday, apr. 12, 2014: midterm solutions and past exam solutions posted to tests & exams page.
- saturday, apr. 5, 2014: a3 marks are now posted on cdf. you will receive your TA's comments via email.
- monday, mar. 31, 2014: final exam information posted on tests page.
- wednesday, mar. 19, 2014: posted a howto on bringing your group's repo back in-synch with the master branch on github. useful for a4!
- sunday, mar. 16, 2014: assignment 4 is posted here.
- saturday, mar. 15, 2014: your final a2 marks have been posted on cdf. i've also sent each group an email with a2 comments from the ta that marked the assignment.
- sunday, mar. 2nd, 2014: required reading for the remainder of the course has been posted on the lectures & notes page. also, your a1 grades are avialble for you to view on cdf. as other work is graded, marks will also be made available on cdf.
- saturday, mar. 1st, 2014: assignment 3 is posted here. contrary to what it says on the syllabus, a3 is in fact due on march 16th, as it says on the handout.
- monday, feb. 24th, 2014: details for the midterm test are now posted on the tests & exams page.
- friday, feb. 14th, 2014: a two-day extension has been granted for a2, and is explained here. have a happy valentine's day, and enjoy your reading week!
- monday, feb. 10th, 2014: previous midterm tests, with solutions, posted to the tests & exams section.
- tuesday, feb. 4th, 2014: assignment 2 is posted here.
- monday, feb. 3rd, 2014: the list of guest speakers (a.k.a. the professional lecture series) has been finalized. check out the guest lectures page for details. i'm really excited about all of this year's speakers. i think you'll all really enjoy it!
- wednesday, jan. 29th, 2014:
assignment 1 is due tonight before midnight. please submit your report on cdf with the following command:
> submit -c csc302h -a a1 -f a1.pdfalso, please have your group evaluation form filled out, on paper, before coming to class. a1 interviews will start at 10:10 a.m. sharp!
- wednesday, jan. 22nd, 2014: a brief howto on cloning, building & running your group's matplotlib repo has been posted here. there's also a link to it on the project & assignments page.
- thursday, jan. 16th, 2014: assignment 1 is posted here.
- monday, jan. 13th, 2014: groups have been posted on the course project page. please have a look at your group and verify that your name, email, and cdf account are all correct. if you still do not have a group please come see me in lecture.
- monday, jan. 6th, 2014: welcome to csc302h! this is the official webpage for the course. the course info. sheet has been posted here. we will be using piazza for our discussion forum. lectures start tomorrow (tues., jan. 7th)...see you in GB 248 at 10:00 am!
contact detailsmatt medland
email: matt at cs dot utoronto dot ca
web page: http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~matt
office hour: tuesdays @ 11:10 am in BA4237